Monday, September 2, 2013

Before iPads

While sitting around enjoying the evening tonight, Jayden asked me what kind of iPad I had when I was little. 

This led to very interesting thoughts and reflections as I told him that not only did we not have iPads but we also did not have Ipods, laptops, cell phones, or cd's.

He stared at me for what seemed like an eternity. I could tell his "wheels were spinning" up in his head.

Finally, in a completely sincere voice, he asked "what did you do back then?".

This eventually led to an insightful conversation about pay phones, cassette tapes, hardback books, paper magazines, landline phones, green screen computers, and other extinct or almost extinct technologies. 

Thankfully, our God and His Word does not change!  For that we can be so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment